The Carolina Hurricanes (30-9-8) take on the San Jose Sharks (14-25-10) as a part of Friday’s NHL slate, starting at 7:00 PM ET at PNC Arena and broadcast on NBC Sports Networks. The Hurricanes rank second in the Eastern Conference and the Sharks are 13th in the Western Conference.
How to Watch Carolina vs. San Jose
Head-to-head results for Carolina vs. San Jose
Carolina and San Jose Stats
- The Hurricanes are 13th in the NHL in goals scored per game (3.2), and the Sharks are 29th in goals conceded (3.7).
- The Sharks are 23rd in the league in goals scored per game (3.0), and the Hurricanes are sixth in goals allowed (2.6).
- Carolina is sixth in the NHL in terms of goal differential, at +27.
- San Jose is -36 overall in terms of goals this season, 26th in the NHL.
- The Sharks have conceded 23 power-play goals (fourth in league in penalty-kill percentage), and the Hurricanes have scored 30 power-play goals (26th in power-play percentage).
- The Sharks have scored 27 power-play goals (20th in league in power-play percentage), and the Hurricanes have conceded 31 while short-handed (10th in penalty-kill percentage).
Carolina Impact Players
- Martin Necas has been a top contributor on Carolina this season, with 42 points in 47 games.
- Sebastian Aho has 18 goals and 23 assists to total 41 points (1.0 per game).
- Andrei Svechnikov has scored 19 goals and added 18 assists through 47 games for Carolina.
- Antti Raanta has a 2.5 goals against average, and 367 saves. His .897 save percentage ranks 33rd in the league.
Jaccob Slavin: Day To Day (Lower Body),
Ondrej Kase: Out (Concussion),
Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back),
Max Pacioretty: Out (Achilles),
Frederik Andersen: Day To Day (Upper-Body)
San Jose Impact Players
- Erik Karlsson is an offensive leader for San Jose with 64 points (1.3 per game), with 15 goals and 49 assists in 49 games (playing 25:22 per game).
- Timo Meier has posted 48 total points (1.0 per game) this campaign. He has 28 goals and 20 assists.
- San Jose’s Tomas Hertl is among the leading scorers on the team with 43 total points (14 goals and 29 assists).
- James Reimer has given up 88 goals (3.2 goals against average) and compiled 759 saves with an .896 save percentage (37th in the league).
Markus Nutivaara: Out (Lower Body),
Nikolai Knyzhov: Out (Achilles),
Luke Kunin: Out For Season (Knee),
Radim Simek: Out (Undisclosed)
Regional restrictions apply.